Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Homemade Lollipops

It is so ridiculously easy to make your own candy that you should never buy any again.

You need a candy thermometer, a lollipop mold, flavoring, and hard candy coloring (different than regular food coloring). And then you're good to go!

2 C sugar
3/4 C water
2/3 C light corn syrup
1 t flavoring
1/2 t coloring

Mix together and cook, over medium heat, until the sugar is dissolved (about four minutes). Increase heat to high and boil until it reaches 300 degrees (about eight minutes). Add the flavoring and coloring. Pour into the molds (I like to put mine in the fridge for 15-20 minutes beforehand), add lollipop sticks, and let set (30-45 minutes).

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. Candy making isn't my bag, so I definitely appreciate anyone with the patience and precision to execute candy recipes properly. This looks easy enough that I can hack my way through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's waaaaaaay easier than you think. I made cherry, bubble gum, and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many miles do you have to bike per lollipop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...Trace. They're less than 100 calories each. So five miles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious. And I appreciate that you’ve included its recipe. It seems simple. Maybe I should try making this too.
    OzarkDelight.com

    ReplyDelete